Skaggs School of Pharmacy, located in Aurora, Colorado, is part of University of Colorado and ranks 24th when compared to other pharmacy schools. It ranks 7th in US based on total NIH funding. Skaggs was established in 2002 and offers 5 programs:
- Doctor of Pharmacy which is a 4 year program
- Joint BS in Chemistry and Pharma.D, a seven year program
- PhD in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences
- Pharmacy practice and Specialty Residency and Research Fellowship post Pharma.D
- For practicing pharmacists, a continuing education program
Skaggs School of Pharmacy accepts 60 Pharma.D students every year and in 2005 there were 240 Pharma.D students, 60 PhD students, and 30 pharmacy residents enrolled. The inaugural class started in the fall of 2002 and graduated in 2006.
The current tuition fee is $11,762.50 for residents and $15,843.50 for non-residents. However, these fees are subject to change. The Doctorate program offered by Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences has been accredited by Accreditation Council of Pharmacy Education.